UNC Biology Ph.D. Graduate Student
E-mail: Kaylago (at) live.unc (dot) edu
PhD Student in Biology
–University of North Carolina; Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Sensory Ecology International Postgraduate Course
– Lund University; Lund, Sweden
– Fall 2016
B.S. in Marine Science
– University of Florida; Gainesville, Florida
Mote Marine Laboratory; Sarasota, Florida
Institute of Marine Mammal Studies
- Development of foraging ground fidelity in sea turtles
- Migration patterns of long-distance marine migrants
- Geomagnetic imprinting and natal homing
2020: Best talk award in the Division of Animal Behavior at the 2020 Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology meeting in Austin, Texas.
2019: Archie Carr Award for best student talk at the 2019 International Sea Turtle Symposium in Charleston, South Carolina.
Pfaller, J. B., Goforth, K. M., Gil, M. A., Savoca, M. S., and K. J. Lohmann. 2020. Odors from marine plastic debris elicit foraging behavior in sea turtles. Current Biology 30, R213-R214.